The Online Program Dean is the primary academic leader of the Master's of Health Administration online program and is responsible for its development, operation, strategic leadership, and continuous improvement. The responsibilities include but are not limited to curriculum management and course development, the direct management of course faculty, faculty managers, assistant deans, and associate deans; delivery of superior academic and student services to students enrolled in the online program; and achieving targeted enrollment projections and student retention goals. This role creates and streamlines processes, procedures, initiatives, communications, and training to develop and enhance the online program.
- Guides program faculty and staff in the development of the program’s mission, vision and goals, in alignment with the University and College mission, vision, and goals.
- Leads the implementation of Chamberlain’s philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives to students in the program.
- Tracks the key academic metrics used to monitor performance of the online program and consistently seeks to improve program quality.
- Assigns appropriate faculty workloads.
-Ensures that sufficient numbers of appropriately credentialed and trained faculty are available to fill program needs.
- Manages the recruitment, selection, contracting, training, and evaluation of faculty.
- Communicates regularly and effectively with faculty, staff and students. Creates and maintains a college culture of mutual respect and academic and professional growth.
- Serves as the key leader and communicator for the program, working to inspire ongoing improvement of academic quality and the implementation of improved learning methodologies and technologies.
-Responds to questions and concerns from faculty, staff, and students. Coordinates effective, timely and well-communicated resolutions.
-Provides leadership to the program team and supporting teams to ensure collegial relationships and colleague engagement.
- Manages and provides academic support for course development and revision initiatives for online courses to ensure that all courses are current, of high quality, and meet curricular and course outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with other program leaders to ensure coordination and consistency of the College’s mission, philosophy and educational outcomes across settings and programs.
- Develops and manages a budget to support program implementation.
- Ensures that meaningful assessment of student achievement is included in each course.
- Collaborates with Clinical Shared Services to ensure appropriate clinical/fieldwork sites are available to students enrolled in programs with clinical/fieldwork requirements and oversees arrangements with sites used for practicum work.
- Maintains accreditation and regulatory standards, including the timely completion of required reports.
-Responsible for managing concerns, issues, and escalations from all program stakeholders.
- Collaborates with student support personnel to assure delivery of superior student service.
- Participates in industry programs and initiatives to maintain currency.
- Functions as the public face of, and spokesperson for, the program to external stakeholders.
- Serves on the online leadership council, curriculum committees, online community advisory board, and other accreditation or University/College leadership teams as required.
- Leads and ensures execution of all program initiatives.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-Doctorate Degree Required, Healthcare Administration preferred
-Starting and running a Master's in Healthcare Administation Program Required.
- Current licensure, certification, or authority to practice in the field of study required if applicable for the field of study.- 5 years’ teaching experience at undergraduate or graduate levels.
- Experience in online teaching and demonstrated proficiency with online instructional technology.
- Ability to use a variety of technology applications that promote student learning and services.
- Three years’ experience as a dean, program chair, program director, or other higher education administrator.
- Experience with curriculum development and curriculum management.
- Experience in managing geographically distributed remote teams strongly preferred.
- Ability to make and effectively communicate decisions.
- Ability to motivate, inspire excellence and build consensus.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate via email and phone effectively and operate remotely.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, training, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels: students, faculty, leadership, external stakeholders, and staff.
- Strong customer service orientation and customer service skills.
- Ability to lead, direct, inspire, and advise faculty.
- Up to 40% travel.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.
Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.