Federal Work Study student workers assist various departments per the approved positions below. All work performed must be in the context of assisting students.
Approved positions include Activity Assistant, Career Services Student Assistant, Clinical Compliance Assistant, IT/Lab/Help Desk Student Assistant, Library Student Assistant, Registrar Support, Research Assistant, Resident Hall Advisor/Assistants, Student Finance Student Assistant, Student Services Assistant, Academic Support Student Assistant (Tutor/Peer Advisor).
• Assist laboratory instructor in setting up materials for laboratories for the Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiology and chemistry labs.
• Capable of safely mixing reagents and handling laboratory equipment.
• Clean dishes and materials used for each of the labs.
• Take a weekly inventory of supplies based on labs performed.
• Assisting student with experimental procedures/assignments and results.
• All other duties as assigned by laboratory instructor.
• Assisting Lab Coordinators with lab preparation and clean up.
• Assisting Lab Coordinator with upkeep of lab Material Safety Data Sheets.
• Issuing equipment and materials to students;
• Overseeing students to ensure adherence to safety precaution/procedures.
• Monitoring equipment checked in and out by students during lab period.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must be an enrolled student within one of the DEG Institutes.
· Must be Federal Work Study eligible
· Minimum GPA of 2.5
· Must be extremely attentive to details
· Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Good time management.
· Be able to handle microbial samples and
· Completion of BIOS 251N, 252N, 255N, 256N, 242N, and CHEM 120.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is a rapidly-expanding college rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain College of Nursing might be right for you.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.