• Healthcare Business Development Specialist - Maryland/Delaware

    Location US-Virtual
    Job ID
    Chamberlain University
    Employment Type
    Regular Full-Time
    FLSA Status
  • Opportunity at a Glance

    Become part of the dynamic healthcare and nursing industry by joining Chamberlain University's Healthcare Business Development team. 


    Our Healthcare Development Specialist will establish and develop innovative partnerships with local area hospitals, hospital management companies, community colleges and nursing organizations to promote our online BSN, MSN and DNP programs.  


    This unique role encompasses promotion, outreach, marketing, public relations and healthcare while representing a fast-growing leader in nursing and health sciences education. 


    In partnership with our education and marketing teams, you will cultivate strong relationships with industry leaders to develop strategic opportunities for growth. 


    Your exceptional presentation and people skills will be tremendously valuable as you represent the institution at a variety of engagements, including career fairs, trade shows, conferences, orientations, graduations, “lunch and learns” and other events.


    This is a remote position covering the states of Maryland and Delaware. The ideal candidate will reside in Maryland. Local travel encompasses 80% while the other 20% you will be working from home.


    • Represent Chamberlain University, promoting a positive image while attending healthcare industry and nursing career fairs, trade shows and conferences
    • Your efforts and networking will generate student inquiries, contacts and will promote the features and benefits of Chamberlain University’s educational services
    • Foster relationships with executives and leadership at current and future partner organizations
    • Present proposals and contracts to prospective collaborating organizations, negotiate contracts and nurture finalized partnerships
    • Establish yourself as a trusted resource by gathering and communicating strategic information and recommending marketing modifications
    • Generate clear and concise activity reports on a weekly basis
    • Successfully manage informational and promotional outreach campaigns directed to the healthcare community
    • Collaborate effectively and maintain consistent communication and manage sources with our clinical partners
    • Exercise administrative competencies by getting tasks done on time and within budget


    • You have earned your Bachelor’s degree in business or other relevant discipline.  If you have also earned your Master’s degree, that is even better
    • You have 5+ years of successful business development experience, including managing a sales process
    • You have 2+ years providing services and/or education directly to the healthcare industry
    • You have, or can establish, strong relationships within the local hospital and healthcare management industry
    • You are motivated, ambitious and energetic, with a service and strategic mindset
    • You have the capacity to consistently communicate effectively, both verbally and as a writer
    • You have an appealing personality and are capable of quickly building rapport and inspiring trust, naturally effective when interacting with a wide variety of people in individual and group environments
    • You are flexible and adaptable, recognized as a team player who enjoys collaboration and sharing successes
    • You consistently make ethical decisions and can focus on doing what is best for students and Chamberlain University
    • You are able to travel up to 80%


    Who We Are

    Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.

    Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.

    As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.

    If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.


    Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
    Share on your newsfeed

    Need help finding the right job?

    We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.