The Professional Nursing Tutor will work in the Center for Academic Success (CAS) assisting students
with course subject exams, exit exam and NCLEX exam reviews. This position will report to the Manager
of the CAS.
- Tutors students in content area as well as in test taking skills in preparation for all exams.
- Assists with assessing the academic needs of the nursing students and developing plans for
- Interprets test results with students.
- Maintains documentation on student remediation plans, processes and success.
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of exit examinations and the NCLEX-RN as
well as currency in knowledge in the field to provide academic support.
- Communicates students’ progress to the Manager.
- Develops reports as required.
- Demonstrates current, detailed, and accurate knowledge of college programs and accurately
communicates academic policies and regulations to students.
- Demonstrates effective behaviors and accountability in meeting the following standards of service
excellence to students, fellow team members, and external agencies: Friendliness and courtesy,
professional environment, effective communication, first class service.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be,
however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to
competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing required.
- Master’s degree in Education or Nursing preferred.
- Professional nurse licensure required.
- 1 year experience in an academic environment providing classroom instruction or specialized tutoring
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to communicate via telephone, computer, and in
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.
Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.