This position serves as a student service champion, by providing exceptional customer service for both current and former students, including support for academic advising. Works directly with the FWSC to provide clerical support with managing the FWS program.
Federal Work Study student workers assist various departments per the approved positions below. All work performed must be in the context of assisting students.
Approved positions include Activity Assistant, Career Services Student Assistant, Clinical Compliance Assistant, IT/Lab/Help Desk Student Assistant, Library Student Assistant, Registrar Support, Research Assistant, Resident Hall Advisor/Assistants, Student Finance Student Assistant, Student Services Assistant, Academic Support Student Assistant (Tutor/Peer Advisor).
• Assist with orienting new FWS students, by providing administrative support.
• Scheduling interviews between departments and FWS applicants.
• Research data during semester/annual reviews regarding student GPA, and FAFSA completion, verification completion and provide to FWSC.
• Provide a copy of the most current class schedule to FWS supervisors.
• Collect student’s work schedules from FWS supervisors and compare with student’s class schedules.
• Assist FWSC by tracking students who are graduating/discontinuing employment, and preparing documents for posting job opening, and submitting to FWSC.
• Assist FWS students with questions regarding job openings.
General financial, academic and student affairs questions.
• Orientating current and new students who have enrolled, providing materials/services offered
• Providing follow-up support after advising touch point meetings.
• Assist with student services events, workshops and activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be an enrolled student within one of the Adtalem family of Institutes.
High School diploma or equivalent
Must be enrolled in a minimum of six credits per semester
Computer skills and customer service attitude is critical
Must be Federal Work Study eligible.
Minimum 2.5 GPA
Strong leadership skills
Ethical decision-making abilities.
Great organizational skills and time management.
Excellent communication skills
Expressed interest or desire to program for a diverse student body
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The individual demonstrates openness, inclusiveness, sensitivity, and the ability to interact respectfully with all people and understand individuals’ differences.
The individual is able to work within a team structure, and can negotiate and manage conflict.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is a rapidly-expanding college rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain College of Nursing might be right for you.
We believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.